Communication with the membership will always be of the utmost importance to our Board of Directors. In order to ensure open, respectful dialogue between our members and our Board of Directors we request the following:
- Requests to the Board should be made in writing and addressed to the Board’s attention at the store or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests should include as many details as possible, including the purpose, the time requested and the desired outcome.
- In order to make a presentation to the Board or to have your issue discussed by the Board, two weeks notice prior to the Board meeting is required.
- As our meeting space is limited, and we may need to hold a meeting in an alternate location, please give two weeks notice of intent to attend a Board meeting.
- Members who attend an open Board meeting will have a 15-minute Q & A period at the end of the meeting for issues arising from that meeting. Issues requiring further discussion will be on the next Board meeting agenda.
All Board meetings are open to member attendance with the exception of “in-camera” sessions. The Board may opt to hold an in-camera session to discuss sensitive issues relating to, among other things, legal issues, personnel issues or real estate issues.
Adopted by the Board of Directors: April 27, 2005