Our Board of Directors is seven volunteer members who are responsible for governance of our Co-op. Six directors are elected by our member-owners and one director is elected by our staff, and all serve in two-year terms. Our directors bring a variety of backgrounds and skills to the Board and share a passion for the Kootenay Co-op and the cooperative business model. Meet our Board of Directors.
The Board is responsible for key governance issues including:
- Ensuring the organization’s financial viability
- Articulating Mission, Vision, and Values
- Setting the strategic direction
- The appointment, selection and performance management of the General Manager
- Ensuring that the Kootenay Co-op maintains a leadership role in the natural foods industry and co-operative movement.
The Board of Directors meet as a whole once a month, in addition to monthly committee meetings. Find out about upcoming Board meetings and read the most recent minutes.
Want more information about our elections process and Board service? Learn more about Elections and Candidacy.