February Organization of the Month: Wild Voices for Kids (CBEEN)
You can support the good work of Wild Voices when you shop at the Kootenay Co-op! There are two easy ways to support this worthy initiative this month: the Change for Change boxes at each cash register or the option to add $2 or more to your grocery bill!
- Wild Voices for Kids is a program of the Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network (CBEEN) offering localized environmental, place-based learning experiences for students to better understand their relationship with the natural world.
- Community Educators are local scientists, interpreters, guides, and cultural liaisons who design and deliver presentations and field studies; these Educators are the heart and soul of the Wild Voices program.
- Students are given the chance to take their learning beyond the walls of the classroom, building knowledge of the environment, apprenticing as stewards through hands-on, curriculum-linked learning activities, and deepening their relationship with the natural world around them.
- Around 900 students from Nelson and area heard a “Wild Voice” during the 2018-19 school year.
- Teachers can book programs through an online database, searchable by school district, grade level, and topic of interest.
- For more info, visit cbeen.ca/wildvoices
Thank you for your donations!