- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup Red Star Yeast Flakes
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- enough water to make a thick sauce (like runny ketchup)
- 2 blocks Silver King firm tofu
- Blend all the ingredients except the tofu.
- Cut the tofu in 1/4 slices and in half again.
- Place in single layer in the bottom of an oven-proof baking pan and cover with the sauce.
- Flip the tofu pieces and bake in a 350°F oven for 30 – 40 minutes.
This dish tastes great hot or cold. You can feature the tofu as a dish on its own or add it to other dishes, over grains. It works especially well cold in sandwiches, topped with your favourite sprouts and veggies.
Kootenay Co-op Kitchen