Easy Rice Bread (for a bread machine)
- 2 1/4 cups white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar (very fine sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer
- 1/2 cup milk powder (OR 1 cup instant milk powder)
- 7g (1 1/2 teaspoons) dried yeast
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons macadamia oil (OR your choice of oil)
- 1 1/2 cups and then 2 tablespoons water
- Put yeast in bread maker.
- Mix together the flour, xanthan gum, gelatin, sugar, salt, egg replacer and milk powder.
- Add into the machine.
- Mix the wet ingredients (eggs, vinegar, oil and water) and add on top.
This bread does not keep well. I find it best to remove it from the bread maker as soon as it is cooked, allow it to cool completely on a rack, slice it and freeze it.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen