Broccoli Feta Filo Rolls
- 1 ½ cups short grain brown rice
- 1 pkg of Filo dough
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 large leek, minced
- 1 large bunch broccoli, minced
- ¼ cup melted butter for brushing rolls
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil, dill and oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- ½ cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Wash and cook the rice in 3 cups of water, set aside.
- Sauté the leek and broccoli in the butter (or oil) until soft, add the salt and spices and turn out into a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except the butter for brushing and stir well.
- Lay out a sheet of filo and fold in half, brush with butter and put a scoop of filling on the filo, roll up tucking in the edges and brush again. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 °F (190°C) until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
This filling freezes amazingly well.
Recipe by Maggie Jones