Crumble Veggie Bake
- 8 cups of cooked vegetables, steamed carrots, broccoli, turnip, cabbage, potatoes, yams, onions, cauliflower, or any combination thereof.
- 2 cups cooked beans (Chickpeas, lentils, split peas, black beans etc.)
- 4 cups of Miso Gravy (click here for the recipe)
- 4 tbsp butter or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- pinch cayenne
- Combine the veggies, beans and miso gravy in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold this mixture all together, making sure all the vegetables are coated. Place into a 9 by 13 glass casserole dish.
- Mix the topping ingredients together, using your hands.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over the veggies and bake at 350 °F covered for about 20 min., remove cover and bake 15 minutes more or until bubbly.
This is a great way to use up leftover, cooked potatoes, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, or just about anything.
You can substitute 1 cup cubed tofu for the 2 cups cooked Romano beans.
Recipe by Maggie Jones