Almond Flour Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp milk or substitute
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1/8 salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- You can also add ½ cup finely chopped coconut or ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 .
- Cream the butter, add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, milk and beat thoroughly.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the creamed butter mixture and blend well.
- Arrange by the teaspoonful about an inch apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: For an almond spice version: fold in 1/3 cup of finely chopped almonds, ½ tsp of each, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg into the dough.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen