Angelfood Cake, Gluten Free
- 1/3 cup potato flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (sifted)
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites (room temp.)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Sift potato flour and rice flour together twice and set aside.
- Beat egg whites and salt until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar and beat until peaks are stiff but not dry.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in sugar 1/4 cup at a time.
- Fold in vanilla and almond extract.
- Fold in flour 1/4 cup at a time.
- Pour into non greased 10” tube pan. Cut through with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until dark golden brown.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen