Macadamia Ginger Cookies
- 1 cup macadamia butter (bought or home-made)
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 125g (4oz) ginger preserved in syrup, chopped,
OR crystallized ginger, chopped
- Turn on the oven to 170 C (350 F).
- Put all the ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Dollop heaped teaspoons of the mixture (it will be sticky) on a greased baking tray. Flatten lightly with a wet fork.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until they’re light brown.
- Leave them on the trays for a couple of minutes then place on racks to cool.
Note: Decorate the cookies with gluten-free chocolate bits, as an alternative to ginger. Press the chocolate bits into the hot cookies straight after taking them out of the oven.