Amazing Tofu Burger
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 – 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1/3 cup bulk falafel mix
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- grated fresh garlic
- fresh greens
- sautéed shitake mushrooms
- sautéed onions
- grated cheese or cheese substitute
- Slice tofu and soak in tamari on both sides.
- Coat with the falafel mix.
- On medium high heat, fry the coated tofu on one side for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip the tofu and top with the garnishes.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes.
- Prepare the buns of your choice with mayonnaise, mustard, sprouts and tomatoes.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen