Lettuce & Goat Cheese Stuffed Peaches Salad
- 5 cups red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 small ripe peaches or other fruit
- 8 tsp soft goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl with onions and basil.
- Cut each peach in half and remove the pit.
- Place 1 tsp (5 mL) of goat cheese in the centre of each peach and top with walnuts.
- Place peaches in a pan and heat for 15 to 20 minutes, just until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients and toss into the salad.
- Divide the lettuce mixture on four plates and top each salad with two peach halves.
- Serve immediately.
The peaches can also be warmed on the BBQ over medium heat. Place peaches on a pie pan and cook for 20 minutes. Assemble salad as directed above.
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen