One-pot meals are brimming with possibility, and offer a huge range of flavours and textures. You can start a slow cooker in the morning to let flavours marry, but if you’re short on time you can make a meal in … Read more >>
What’s so special about bone broth?
Bone broth has long been prized for its nutritional value and healing properties.
The long cooking time helps to break down animal bones and connective tissue, resulting in a collagen- and mineral-rich broth.
Don’t miss breakfast and try out this perfect recipe to help kick-start your day the right way!
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into ¼ and remove seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- Seeds of one fresh pomegranate
- 2 fresh D’Anjou or Bosc pears, cored and diced
- Half a red onion, thinly diced
- ½ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all
Also known as a Golden Latte or Golden Milk. It’s delicious, and will help you get to sleep.
- 1 cup whole milk or unsweetened nut milk (such as hemp, almond, or cashew)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground
- 4 Large portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce/tamari
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil/ extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Pinch of pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and remove the
makes 5 – 6 cups
4 cups pitted, chopped, fresh unpeeled nectarines, (about 2 pounds) – peaches work great too!
1/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- 3 ½ – 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup coarsely chopped parsley (optional)
- ½ – 3/4 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts or raw cashew pieces, lightly toasted (see notes)
- ½ cup olive oil
Served over cooked rice or millet, this flavourful curry makes a beautiful winter dinner.
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Water for sautéing
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 3 cups cubed squash, par-boiled
Using a combination of our many bulk herbs and spices the tea options are endless. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Mighty Immune Tea
1 part elderberries
2 parts rose hips
2 parts echinacea root
2 … Read more >>
8am to 8pm
7-Days a Week
777 Baker Street
Coming in from out of town? Check out Nelson Kootenay Lake Tourism for great info on our beautiful area!