https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iStock_carrot-soup_web-e1610043020359.jpg 679 680 Ryan B https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg Ryan B2014-03-28 00:34:202021-01-07 13:12:02Asian Carrot Soup
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Saké or Mirin
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 4-5 large carrots, shredded
- 3 zucchinis, shredded
- 2 Tbsp miso
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Sauté the onion on medium high heat in the olive oil and sake, add the garlic after a few minutes. Stir well, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add carrots to the pot, stir well, then add the zucchinis. Add water to just cover, then put a lid on the pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter with a little water, then add to the pot. If necessary, add more water to cover the ingredients, stir well, then cover to simmer for 15 minutes (or until the veggies are just tender).
- Remove a little liquid to dissolve miso in cup and add to soup after its cooked.
Source: A Vegetarian’s Ecstasy