- 2 ½ cups soft whole wheat flour
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ cup liquid honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup good oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups liquid, milk etc.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stir lightly to mix in.
- Scoop into muffin tins and bake at 350 °F (180°C) for 20-25 min., till done.
This recipe makes 12 large, muffins. They freeze well but should be used up promptly when fresh. You can substitute different fruits or nuts if you like.
Recipe by Maggie Jones