https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/iStock_blueberry-muffins_web-e1610044691931.jpg 676 676 Ryan B https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg Ryan B2014-04-03 16:16:142021-01-07 13:40:22Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup buttermilk or yogurt
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss dry (1st 7th) ingredients with a fork in a bowl.
- Add buttermilk & melted butter and stir gently.
- Add blueberries and stir just till dry parts are all moistened.
- Fill oiled muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Turn heat down to 400° after 5 minutes and bake about 15-20 minutes longer till muffins are golden brown and spring back in the middle to the touch.
– The Kootenay Co-op