- 1 Filet of Ocean Wise Salmon (pin boned with skin on)
- 1 30 cm x 15 cm x 2.5 cm cedar plank (untreated)
- ½ cup * Maple Syrup
- ½ cup * Wheat-free Tamari
- 1 tsp. Crushed * Garlic
- 1 tsp. Grated * Ginger
- ½ tsp. Preserved Chinese Black Beans (rinsed and crushed)
- 2 tsp. Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Soak Cedar plank in fresh cold water overnight.
- Prepare the glaze by combining maple syrup, tamari, garlic, ginger and black bean into a sauce pan and reduce by half on medium heat. Using a cool, dry spoon dip into reduced sauce. If it coats the back of the spoon, remove from heat and set to cool.
- 1 ½ hours before you begin to cook, remove salmon from the refrigerator and place filet in a nonreactive dish. Cover fish with cool glaze and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Turn BBQ on to medium heat.
- Remove plank from water and shake off excess liquid. Place plank on the grill and allow to dry surface.
- Turn BBQ down to low and place marinated Salmon on wood. Close the lid and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
Brush on more of the glaze and close lid for 5-10 more minutes.
Remove from BBQ and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve directly off of the plank trying to keep the crispy, nutritious skin with the flesh.
Enjoy with a nice, cool Pinot Gris or Gewurztraminer
**If the wood starts to catch fire, use a spray bottle filled with water to extinguish the flames along the edges of the plank…