https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/iStock_Foccia-bread_web-e1610043419392.jpg 877 877 Ryan B https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg Ryan B2014-03-31 03:02:212021-01-07 13:17:31Focaccia Bread
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- enough whole wheat flour to make a firm dough
- chopped olives
- chopped red onion
- soaked, chopped dried tomatoes crumbled feta cheese or mozzarella
- You can use your favourite whole grain bread recipe or make the following.
- In a large bowl combine the warm water, honey, unbleached white flour and yeast.
- Beat these ingredients into a mud, let sit in a draft free place 30 minutes and then continue.
- Add the olive oil, basil, oregano, salt and enough whole wheat flour to make a firm dough
- Let the dough rise for about 3/4 hour, then roll out on a floured board and lift onto a pizza peel or cookie sheet. Use your fingers to poke the top to make it uneven and bumpy.
- Top with a light sprinkling of the chopped olives, red onions, soaked and chopped dried tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese or mozzarella, let rise about 15 minutes and then bake in a preheated oven of 375F for about 20 min or until golden brown.
- If you use Feta or Mozzarella cheese on it, partially bake the Focaccia for about 10 minutes, add the cheese and return to the oven for 10 min more.
– Maggie Jones