https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/harshal-hirve-50030-1-scaled-e1610150270334.jpg 1689 1689 Ryan B https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg Ryan B2017-05-17 17:59:202021-01-08 18:58:09Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 4 Large portobello mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce/tamari
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil/ extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon or lime
- Pinch of pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and remove the stem. Preheat your grill to medium heat. In a shallow pan, mix together the soy sauce/tamari, maple syrup, oil, splash of citrus and pepper. Add the mushrooms and rub the marinade into all of the surfaces. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes to soak it up.
- Grill the mushrooms for 5 minutes on each side or until they are soft throughout.
- To assemble the burger, place the grilled mushroom on the bottom half of your bun and top with your favourite burger toppings, like sauerkraut, coleslaw, avocado, grilled onions and fresh lettuce or herbs.
Original recipe courtesy of www.SproutedKitchen.com.