https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg 0 0 Ryan B https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg Ryan B2020-04-24 17:36:322022-03-21 19:36:54Puerto Rican Skirt Steak Grandma
Puerto Rican Skirt Steak Grandma
Puerto Rican Skirt Steak
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 4 skirt steaks (about 6 ounces each and about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to sprinkle over the cooked steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon good olive oil
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies in oil or 3 Tbsp of anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat the olive oil and the oil from the anchovies in a large heavy skillet over high heat. When hot, add the steaks and cook them for about 1-2 minutes on each side for medium rare, or for more or less time based on your own preferences.
- Crush the anchovy fillets (or paste) with the chopped garlic.
- When the steaks are ready, transfer them to a hot plate and set them aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the anchovy-garlic paste and the scallions to the drippings in the pan and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the water and boil for 30 seconds. Pour over the steaks, sprinkle them with more lime juice, and serve.