https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/iStock_quinoa-tabouli_web-e1610044345532.jpg 679 680 Ryan B https://www.kootenay.coop/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/logo_20.jpg Ryan B2014-04-01 00:10:242021-01-07 13:34:48Quinoa Tabouli
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 4 cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 – ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 4 firm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Wash the quinoa in a fine sieve.
- Place in a pot with 2 cups of water and allow to simmer 15 – 20 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the next three ingredients.
- Whisk together the liquids and the garlic and pour over the parsley mixture.
- Add the tomatoes and stir gently.
- Once the quinoa has cooled to room temperature, add to the tabouli bowl and mix thoroughly but gently.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- Serve with hummous and pita bread.
Serves 4 to 6
– Kootenay Co-op Kitchen