Served over cooked rice or millet, this flavourful curry makes a beautiful winter dinner.
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Water for sautéing
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cups chopped green cabbage
- 3 cups cubed squash, par-boiled
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes or to taste
- 1 tin Thai Kitchen coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Ghee or Olive Oil for sautéing
- In a large skillet simmer sauté the onions, garlic, cabbage, parsnips, and carrots.
- As vegetables soften add the squash & simmer 5 min. more.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook together a few more minutes, make sure squash is done.
- Serve over a cooked grain.
From East Indian Feast Cooking Class, with Maggie Jones.