We take pride in providing a safe place for our staff and members to shop, to meet a friend, or to learn more about their health. We all need to work together to make this happen! Please make sure all members of your household listed on your membership are aware of these requirements.
To ensure our store is a welcoming and safe environment for all, our Co-op expects members to:
- Respect the objects around you – be they products you have not yet bought, equipment, or our structures. As member-owners, damage comes as costs to us all.
- Check-in with Customer Service before taking photos.
- Bring found items to Customer Service where we will try to match them up with their owners. Please note that we are not responsible for lost items.
- Check-in with Customer Service if you’d like to use our outdoor area to busk or to promote your community group.
- Be thoughtful and treat others as you would like to be treated!
To help keep yourself and other members safe…
- Please wear a shirt and shoes while inside our store.
- Keep an eye on your kids. Make sure they keep their hands out of bulk bins, and do not run through our store. Our floor is hard and there are many blind corners.
- Be kind. We do not tolerate verbal harassment, profanity or hate speech.
- Do not bring weapons into our store.
If you experience harassment or spot a safety hazard, please inform the Customer Service desk right away.
If a shopper does not follow this code, they may be asked to change their behaviour or leave the store. If a shopper engages in the following behaviours, we will ask them to leave the store immediately.
- Causing distress to staff, members or shoppers by being intoxicated or rude
- Breaking a provincial or federal law
In some circumstances, we may issue a temporary or permanent ban, refer the incident to the police and/or terminate the membership as per BC Cooperative Act.