We follow the following principles in order to protect your privacy:
- We do not collect any more personal information about you than is necessary;
Types of Information Gathered
We may obtain personal information from and about you in a number of different ways, including:
- Information that you give to us voluntarily while using a feature of our website;
- When you purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services in our store or on our website;
- As described in the section titled “Cookies” below, or when you participate in interactive features of our website;
- When you sign up for our e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications;
- When you enter a contest or sweepstakes;
- When you complete a paper form; or
- When you send us email messages, call us by telephone, or visit our stores (including when you provide us with comments, suggestions or other input).
During such activities, we may collect personal information about you that is not publicly available and can identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, birth date, gender and financial information, such as credit card number. We do so to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations (such as governing the co-op, providing our services or completing orders) and for our legitimate business purposes (such as improving the Website or services). We may also collect personal information with your consent for promotional, educational, or research purposes.
Use of our Website
This information helps us customize your experience while visiting our website and makes our marketing messages more relevant. You can opt out of IP-based geolocation web services at any time by changing your browser or device settings. You may also modify your cookie settings in your browser through your browser settings.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), that collect information about user traffic on our website. The information we collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- information about the devices you use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- dates, times, and duration of visits to our website (including whether you are a registered member or first-time visitor); and
- information on actions taken on our website (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
Online Surveys and Polls
From time to time, users of our website may be asked to participate in voluntary surveys and polls. As a part of this process, you may be asked to supply personal information, such as demographic information and lifestyle preferences. These surveys will be strictly voluntary and you can choose to disclose this information or not.
Use of Information
We may use information to:
- Provide services to you;
- Administer our business activities;
- Process, fulfill, manage requests for information;
- Understand demographics and content preferences;
- Better serve you and other Co-op customers:
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, promotions, new services, in-store messages, emails and ;
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding our products, services and promotions;
- Administer and improve our website;
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys;
- Administer sweepstakes and contests;
- Provide notice of changes to our website;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft;
- Provide information relevant to governance and operation of the co-op as it pertains to the co-op’s member-owners; and
- Assist law enforcement, respond to subpoenas or disclose information when legally compelled to do so or when the Co-op, in good faith, believes that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or those of a third party.
Disclosure of Information
We will not sell or otherwise share personally identifying information with third parties or nonaffiliated companies except for those purposes described above, or as required by law.
Information from Public Forums
Choice Regarding Promotional Communications
Accessing, Amending and Deleting your Personal Information
If you request that we delete the personal information that we have collected, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Kootenay Co-op does not knowingly solicit and does not wish to receive any information from children. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact information below. Our website, surveys, and promotions are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 years.
Security and Retention
We have attempted to take all reasonable steps to have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place to protect all personal information we gather.
On our website, our effort includes compliance with related federal regulations and may include use of industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to fulfill your requests, provide our website, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If you are a member-owner, we will keep your personal information in perpetuity, unless you cease to be a member-owner and request to have your information removed. If you request to have your information removed, we will keep your personal information only as long as we are required to do so by relevant provincial and federal statutes.
Our servers and data centers are located in Canada. If you choose to use the Services from outside Canada, then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and into Canada for storage and processing. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
777 Baker St.
Nelson, BC V1L 4J5
(250) 354-4077 x205