This Agreement sets out the rights and responsibilities of individuals who have purchased membership shares (hereafter “Member” or “Members”) in the Kootenay Country Store Cooperative (hereafter “Co-op”) and the obligations of our Co-op to our Members, in conformity with the Cooperative Associations Act of British Columbia.
As a Member of our Co-op I am entitled to:
- Receive discounts, including Member Specials, Case Lot deals, discounts on events and classes, and other purchase specials as may be offered to Members;
- Receive notice of and participate in meetings, events and other actions relevant to our Members in accordance with our Co-op’s Rules and Policies
- One vote at general or special general meetings of our Co-op, and any election of the Board of Directors;
- Subject to the Rules and Policies of our Co-op, run for an open seat on the Board of Directors;
- Receive patronage returns, when authorized, in accordance with the Rules and Policies of our Co-op;
- Withdraw my membership and redeem my shares in accordance with our Co-op’s Rules and Policies.
As a Member of our Co-op, I agree to:
- Support our Co-op by shopping at our store and/or our Online Shop;
- Support our Co-op’s mission, vision, and values;
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of our Co-op, including the Code of Conduct;
- Participate in the governance of our Co-op as appropriate (e.g. attending general meetings, voting).