Outdoor Space Usage Policy
To ensure the community engagement in our outdoor space supports the experience of our members, staff workflow, and keeps everyone safe, we have established the following guidelines.
GUIDELINES FOR ORGANIZERS
- Not-for-profit organizations, service groups, schools and community programs may use the space for:
- Community fundraisers
- Informational and educational purposes of a non-partisan nature.
- Users must state if their purpose is political in their application. The Co-op will encourage democratic engagement but will not allow political parties or candidates to campaign in the covered area.
- Items may be sold at the table for fundraising only if these types of products are not available at the Co-op (example: raffle tickets are OK, bake sales are not allowed)
- Signage and displays must be limited to the table and should not interfere with the smooth flow of traffic or alter the appearance of the Co-op, unless special arrangements have been made with the Outreach Coordinator.
GUIDELINES FOR YOUR TEAM – staff, volunteers, parents, etc.
- Bring your own tables and chairs.
- Please be respectful to all community members, including, but not limited to:
- Refrain from approaching customers. Representatives may politely invite people to approach the table, but please do not aggressively approach or shout
- Refrain from naming individuals/groups/businesses as adversaries
- Your team may not park in the customer parking lot. Please unload your supplies and then find another place for your vehicle; you may ask Customer Service for recommendations.
- Check in with Customer Service when you arrive and someone will show you where to set up your table so that you do not block the flow of foot traffic.
Complete and submit this form. For questions, please call the Outreach Coordinator at 250-354-4077 x 161. We reserve the right to cancel or refuse use of outdoor space for any reason, without notice.