Organization of the Month: Wild Voices for Kids (CBEEN)
Every month, your Co-op features a different local organization at our tills and all till donations from that month go directly to that group. In February 2020, customers and members supported the good work of Wild Voices either with the Change for Change boxes or by adding $2 or more to their grocery bill!
- Wild Voices for Kids is a program of the Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network (CBEEN) offering localized environmental, place-based learning experiences for students to better understand their relationship with the natural world.
- Community Educators are local scientists, interpreters, guides, and cultural liaisons who design and deliver presentations and field studies; these Educators are the heart and soul of the Wild Voices program.
- Students are given the chance to take their learning beyond the walls of the classroom, building knowledge of the environment, apprenticing as stewards through hands-on, curriculum-linked learning activities, and deepening their relationship with the natural world around them.
- Around 900 students from Nelson and area heard a “Wild Voice” during the 2018-19 school year.
- Teachers can book programs through an online database, searchable by school district, grade level, and topic of interest.
- For more info, visit cbeen.ca/wildvoices
Thank you for your donations!