Anytime of the year you can find kale and fresh mint in stock, make sure to try this delicious recipe!
Kale really shines as a winter green, somehow more satisfying + cozier than it’s lettuce counterpart. With the added boost from omega rich oils in the dressing it’s that boost of nutrients we can all use right now.
With the simple technique of massaging oils in your fresh kale leaves, it totally changes its texture and flavour. By adding your favourite toppings to the mix, you’ll look forward to this winter salad at a time that demands creativity to our meal planning.
Yields 4 People
- 1 bunch of black or purple kale
- 1bunch of green kale
- 1 bunch of mint
- 3 tbsp hemp oil
- 3 tbsp flax oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp course salt / salt flakes
- Wash and pat dry the kale
- Remove leafy parts
- Gather the leaves and chop finely
- Wash and mince the mint
- Toss together with the kale in a salad bowl
- Pour oils + lemon juice + salt in the bowl and with clean hands, massage the leaves until they get a nice gloss and a sweet tenderness.
- Add any topping combo you like on your salad and enjoy.
Optional Toppings + Combos
- crumbled feta + cucumbers
- shredded nori + avocado
- dried cranberries
- seeds + grated cheese
make it a meal by adding protein like tofu, chicken or hard boiled eggs